Apply for 209 Vacancies
UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2020 Notification, Salary, Vacancies
Last update : August 18, 2020
Apply for 209 Vacancies
UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2020 - Union Public Service Commission has released notification for the recruitment of 209 UPSC CAPF - Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) vacancies 2020. The candidates can check UPSC 2020 selection process, age & education eligibility criteria, salary, grade pay, exam pattern and other UPSC Jobs 2020 recruitment details on this article below. You can download the official UPSC CAPF 2020 notification from the link given below.
The selection for the posts of UPSC CAPF 2020 will be done on the basis of online/written test. The eligible and interested candidates can apply for UPSC CAPF vacancies 2020 using direct link given on this page below. The last date for the application submission is 07-Sep-2020.
UPSC CAPF 2020 Notification and Apply Here
Union Public Service Commission has released the notification for the recruitment of 209 UPSC CAPF - Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) vacancies.
UPSC CAPF 2020 Exam Dates & Calendar :
|Notice Title||Important Dates|
|Application Submission Starts
|Last Date of Application Submission
|Last Date of Application Fee Submission
|Date of Admit Card Issuance
||20 Dec 2020
|Result, Marks & Selection List||TBD
UPSC CAPF Vacancies 2020 - Category Wise :
|UPSC CAPF Vacancies||78||13||69||27||22||209|
UPSC CAPF 2020 Salary & Pay Scale :
|Rank||Pay Scale||Pay Band|
|Director-General||INR 2,25,000/-||Apex Fixed|
|Additional Director-General||INR 1,82,000/- - INR 2,24,100/-||Pay Band - 4|
|Inspector General||INR 1,44,000/- - INR 2,18,000/-||Pay Band - 4|
|Deputy Inspector General||INR 1,31,000/- - INR 2,16,600/-||Pay Band - 4|
|Sr. Commandant||INR 1,23,000/- - INR 2,15,900/-||Pay Band - 4|
|Commandant||INR 78,800/- - INR 2,09,200/-||Pay Band - 3|
|Deputy Commandant||INR 67,700/- - INR 2,08,700/-||Pay Band - 3|
|Assistant Commandant||INR 56,100/- - INR 1,77,500/-||Pay Band - 3|
UPSC CAPF 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Age Limit :
- 20 - 25 years (As on 01.08.2020)
Age Relaxation :
There are permissible relaxation of upper age limit as per Government Rules. Here are the most common relaxations :
|SC / ST||5 years|
|PH OBC||13 years|
|PH SC / ST||15 years|
Education Qualification :
| Bachelor's degree of a University|
UPSC CAPF Recruitment Process 2020
UPSC CAPF Selection Process 2020 :
The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis in the following steps :
- Selection Procedure/Scheme
- Written Test
- Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests
- Interview/Personality Test
- Final Selection / Merit
UPSC CAPF Exam Pattern 2020 :
The UPSC CAPF recruitment examinations will be conducted under following terms and guidelines -
|Paper / Subject Title||Marks|
|Paper I : General Ability and Intelligence ||250 Marks|
|Paper II : General Studies, Essay and Comprehension||200 Marks |
- There will be negative marking of 0.33 (one 3rd) marks for wrong answer against each question.
UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2020 :
The UPSC CAPF written exam includes the following topics as part of the syllabus.
Paper I : General Ability and Intelligence The objective type questions with multiple choices in this paper will broadly cover the following areas:
- 1. General Mental Ability : The questions will be designed to test the logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude including numerical ability, and data interpretation.
- 2. General Science : The questions will be set to test general awareness, scientific temper, comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like Information Technology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science.
- 3. Current Events of National and International Importance: The questions will test the candidates awareness of current events of national and international importance in the broad areas of culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance, societal and developmental issues, industry, business, globalisation, and interplay among nations.
- 4. Indian Polity and Economy: The questions shall aim to test candidates knowledge of the Country's political system and the Constitution of India, social systems and public administration, economic development in India, regional and international security issues and human rights including its indicators.
- 5. History of India : The questions will broadly cover the subject in its social, economic and political aspects. This shall also include the areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
- 6. Indian and World Geography: The questions shall cover the physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
Paper II : General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
- Part-A : Essay questions which are to be answered in long narrative form either in Hindi or English totaling 80 Marks. The indicative topics are modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability.
- Part-B : Comprehension, prcis writing, other communications/language skills to be attempted in
English only (Marks 120) - The topics are Comprehension passages, prcis writing, developing counter
arguments, simple grammar and other aspects of language testing.
UPSC CAPF Online Form 2020, Fee & Apply
Application Form & How to Apply :
The eligible and interested candidates who want to apply need to submit their application online. You can refer the UPSC CAPF Notification 2020 (PDF) from given details below. The candidate should read the instructions carefully to avoid making any mistakes on application submission.
Application Fee :
The candidates are required to pay the UPSC CAPF 2020 application fee as per below given instructions/details. The candidates can pay the application fee Online through Internet Banking, Visa/Mastercard/Maestro Credit or Debit Card.
|General / OBC||Rs. 200/-|
OFFICIAL LINKS :