Apply for 782 Vacancies
UPSC Civil Service Examination(Preliminary) 2018 Notification Released
Last update : May 07, 2018
Apply for 782 Vacancies
UPSC CSE 2018 - Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) has released the official notification for the Civil Service (Preliminary) Examination 2018. The selection will be made on the basis of Preliminary, Main Examination & interview. The eligible candidates can apply from the given link below. The last date of application submission is 06 Mar 2018.
Read below to check UPSC Civil Service Examination's Recruitment Eligibility Criteria, Application process , Important Dates, Posts & their Salaries, Vacancies, Fee, Official links and others.
UPSC has released the final Result on 05 Apr 2019 for the CSE examination 2018
UPSC CSE Recruitment 2018 - Important dates :
|NOTICE TITLE||IMPORTANT DATES|
|Application (Online) Submission Starts||07-Feb-2018|
|Last Date of Application Fee Submission||06-Mar-2018|
|Last Date of Application Form (Online) Submission||06-Mar-2018|
|Date of Admit Card issuance (CSE 2018 Prelim.)||07 May 2018|
|CSE 2018 - Prelim Exam Date||03 Jun 2018|
|CSE 2018 - Mains Exam Date||28 Sep 2018 - 07 Sep 2018|
|Result||20 Dec 2018|
|Interview Dates||04 Jan 2019|
|Final Result||05 Apr 2019|
UPSC Civil Service Examination (CSE) 2018 - Post and Vacancies :
The Civil Services Examination (CSE 2018) is to be held for recruitment to the Services and Posts mentioned below -
- Indian Administrative Service.
- Indian Foreign Service.
- Indian Police Service.
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group A.
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group A.
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group A.
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group A.
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group A.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group A (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
- Indian Postal Service, Group A.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group A.
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group A.
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group A.
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group A.
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group A
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group A.
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group A.
- Indian Trade Service, Group A.
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group A.
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group B (Section Officer Grade).
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group B.
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group B.
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group B.
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group B.
UPSC Civil Service Examination (CSE) 2018 - Eligibility Criteria :
21-32 Years (As of 01 Aug 2018).
There are permissible relaxation of upper age limit as per Government orders. Here are the most common relaxations :
For more details on age relaxation. Please check out the Official Notification given below.
The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Also Any candidate who have appeared at an examination and awaiting for the results can also apply for CSE 2018 (prelims).
|No. Of Attempts|
A candidate must be either:
UPSC Civil Service Examination (CSE) 2018 - Selection Process :
The CSE 2018 competitive examination comprises two successive stages -
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for the selection of candidates for Main Examination; and
- Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts.
UPSC Civil Service Examination (CSE) 2018 - Application Fee :
All Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI. Applicants who opt for "Pay by Cash" mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only. "Pay by Cash" mode will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 05.03.2018 i.e. one day before the closing date.
UPSC Civil Service Examination (CSE) 2018 - Application Form and How to Apply :
The eligible candidates who want to appear for the exam need to submit their application online. The candidates should read the instructions given in official notification carefully to avoid making any mistakes on submission.
- Apply for UPSC Civil Services Examination 2018 - Click here (Official Link).
OFFICIAL LINKS :
|UPSC Civil Service Examination(Preliminary) 2018 Notification|
|UPSC OFFICIAL WEBSITE|